Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Well those great big mousetraps must have scared the little fellas right out of Katie & Maddie's room. They have caught nothing so far, which is great!!

Saturday afternoon Katie went with the team to Springfield, Missouri. For dinner they went to the famous Lathrop's restaurant -- home of the thrown roll. After over an hour wait Katie had a nice steak dinner and three rolls. Being a huge roll fan, she rated them as good, but not great. The next day they played Missouri State and lost 0-1. I wonder if the results could have been different if Katie was in the game??? I think so. Drew made the trip to Springfield to cheer on the team. Dave & I skipped the game.

Yesterday, Labor Day, Katie bought a bunch of the freshman girls home for a pool/birthday party. They all enjoyed a day off from soccer by getting out of their dorm rooms and being in a relaxing home environment. They have been at school for a month now and some are feeling a little homesick.

Here are the birthday girls, Natalia (L-from California) and Brooke (R-from Texas).

Dinner was leftovers from Kellie's wedding, pulled pork and bbq chicken sandwiches. It was still yummy! I packed up a bunch of sandwiches and sent them back with the girls.

Katie with Natalia and Carrie who are roommates.

Enjoying the pool. Carrie liked Rocky because she reminded her of her dog at home.


Kellie and Chris (& Pogo) came over too. Kellie made cupcakes, which also went back to school with the girls.

I loved having the girls over. There are so many new faces and names to get to know, so this really helps. There were 11 girls in all, 3 from California, 2 from Arkansas, 2 from Texas, and 1 each from Kansas, Missouri, Florida and, of course, Oklahoma. It was a fun day!

No comments: