Sunday, September 28, 2008

OSU 55, Troy (Ala.) 24

Yesterday was an exciting college football game day in Oklahoma. All three of our major colleges remain undefeated with wins by Tulsa (62 over Central Arkansas 34), Oklahoma (35 over TCU 10), and Oklahoma State. Kellie & I went to the OSU game and had a blast.


I've never been to a college football game before and didn't know what I'd been missing. By the end of the game I had learned all the fun little traditions. I loved cheering on Bullet and the Spirit Rider as they made their run after each touchdown and watching the ROTC guys/girls do pushups for the total number of points scored by OSU after each touchdown. Oh, and the cheerleaders, band, baton twirlers, and, of course, Pistol Pete, were great! It was the largest crowd in OSU history (52,463) at Boone Pickens Stadium. After having been upset by Troy last year it was sweet revenge for OSU.


While we were at the OSU game Katie was with her friends at the TU game and Dave & Drew were home watching the OU game (making a run for #1). So the Cowboys throttled the Trojans, the Golden Hurricane blew away the Bears, and the Sooners ripped the Horned Frogs. It was definitely a good night for college football in Oklahoma enjoyed by us all.

No comments: