Katie sent me an e-mail telling me she set up a journal. It's going to be fun following her exciting new college life. She suggested I get one too, so here goes.
I've been rather sleep deprived lately. We've been staying up way too late watching the Olympics, but we're loving it. How about that Michael, Shawn and Nastia! Whoo Hoo! They have been fun to watch. Dave's getting sick of the China athlete lovefest and I'm getting tired of hearing him complain about it every night.
I'm so proud of my girls. Kellie is back to teaching 5th grade. The kids in her class are much better than last year, but she says they are a bit "chatty." She's been dealing with a sad beagle who is having anxiety at being left alone all day. Chris is thinking he needs some puppy prozac. They're also thinking of changing his name to Houdini. They bought a baby gate and have been leaving him in the kitchen, but every day he greets them at the front door. Starting today he's gonna spend Wednesday afternoons in my back yard. I go right by their house every Wednesday so I'll stop and pick him up for a mid-week visit to spend the day with Rocky.
Speaking of Rocky, she's doing much better lately. I think the diet dog food is helping and she seems to have more of a spring to her step. She even caught a rat the other day. Yay Rocky!
We're so proud of Katie. She's been working so hard at soccer. They have been practicing three times a day for the past three weeks and now she will be going to Louisiana to play in her first college games this weekend. We will be waiting anxiously by the phone to hear from her to see how it goes. The following weekend they will be in Arkansas and Missouri for games. I think we will be taking road trips to those games. She has been so sore from all the workouts. They have even been bubblewrapping her deeply bruised hips before practice. I never heard of bubblewrap treatments before, but it makes sense. She returns to campus Sunday evening and school starts on Monday. Her life is about to change again but she seems to be dealing with everything quite well.
Drew started at the local community college this week and is still working a few hours a day. It's nice to have him around so we're not quite empty nesters yet. We got rid of the glass dolls and Harry Potter stuff in Kellie's old room so now he can make it more of his own. We went shopping yesterday and picked up a cool University of Oklahoma comforter set. His dream is to attend college there some day instead of the community college. Maybe next school year if he works hard and does well at TCC.
Yesterday was my godchild/niece, Amanda's, 22nd birthday. I sent her a text and sang to her voicemail but didn't get to talk with the birthday girl. I hope she had a great day.
The weather here has been unseasonably cool, which means not much swimming. The cooler weather and rain has been great for the grass and soccer teams, but I'm hoping summer will return soon.
That's all for now!
I've been rather sleep deprived lately. We've been staying up way too late watching the Olympics, but we're loving it. How about that Michael, Shawn and Nastia! Whoo Hoo! They have been fun to watch. Dave's getting sick of the China athlete lovefest and I'm getting tired of hearing him complain about it every night.
I'm so proud of my girls. Kellie is back to teaching 5th grade. The kids in her class are much better than last year, but she says they are a bit "chatty." She's been dealing with a sad beagle who is having anxiety at being left alone all day. Chris is thinking he needs some puppy prozac. They're also thinking of changing his name to Houdini. They bought a baby gate and have been leaving him in the kitchen, but every day he greets them at the front door. Starting today he's gonna spend Wednesday afternoons in my back yard. I go right by their house every Wednesday so I'll stop and pick him up for a mid-week visit to spend the day with Rocky.
Speaking of Rocky, she's doing much better lately. I think the diet dog food is helping and she seems to have more of a spring to her step. She even caught a rat the other day. Yay Rocky!
We're so proud of Katie. She's been working so hard at soccer. They have been practicing three times a day for the past three weeks and now she will be going to Louisiana to play in her first college games this weekend. We will be waiting anxiously by the phone to hear from her to see how it goes. The following weekend they will be in Arkansas and Missouri for games. I think we will be taking road trips to those games. She has been so sore from all the workouts. They have even been bubblewrapping her deeply bruised hips before practice. I never heard of bubblewrap treatments before, but it makes sense. She returns to campus Sunday evening and school starts on Monday. Her life is about to change again but she seems to be dealing with everything quite well.
Drew started at the local community college this week and is still working a few hours a day. It's nice to have him around so we're not quite empty nesters yet. We got rid of the glass dolls and Harry Potter stuff in Kellie's old room so now he can make it more of his own. We went shopping yesterday and picked up a cool University of Oklahoma comforter set. His dream is to attend college there some day instead of the community college. Maybe next school year if he works hard and does well at TCC.
Yesterday was my godchild/niece, Amanda's, 22nd birthday. I sent her a text and sang to her voicemail but didn't get to talk with the birthday girl. I hope she had a great day.
The weather here has been unseasonably cool, which means not much swimming. The cooler weather and rain has been great for the grass and soccer teams, but I'm hoping summer will return soon.
That's all for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment